background

Thursday, September 25, 2008

She's smiling!


Caroline started smiling at us this past weekend...it melts my heart! Now I get more than just blank stares when I talk to her. After awhile, though, the pouty lip comes out!

I know it has been awhile since my last post. We've had quite a few experiences, so let me try to catch you up. Three weeks ago, we ended up in the ER at Children's (along with about 7 or 8 handcuffed young teens...still not sure what they were doing there) because Caroline had been throwing up all afternoon and was refusing to eat. There was something concerning on her x-ray, so then we were sent to have an upper GI done a couple of days later. She did great during the procedure; she loved the bottle of barium, and then she slept through the series of x-rays. It turned out that there was no blockage, but we did discover that she has acid reflux. Now she is on medication, and it's like she's a different baby! She is so much more pleasant and content now. We had no clue that she had reflux, because she never did (and still doesn't) spit up hardly at all. Also, she is finally catching up in the weight gain department. She was just back to her birth weight (6lb 13 oz) at 3 1/2 weeks, which was concerning, but she is making up for lost time now that her tummy isn't hurting. She gained 14 oz two weeks ago and 10 oz this past week! The beginnings of fat rolls are forming on her thighs, and her cheeks are getting fuller. :) So even though the whole fiasco was frightening, I am thankful it happened!

1 comment:

Megan said...

I'm so glad to see recent pictures of Callie and hear that she is doing better. My nephew had horrible reflux that they didn't diagnose until he was 3 months old (3 very long months old I might add). I'm glad you caught it quick and she is catching up so quickly! She's precious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...