background

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Six Months (a little late)




Caroline was six months old on February 8th. I can't believe it! She is sitting up like a pro and finally rolled over for the first time the day before she turned six months, though she hasn't done it since. :) We went in for her shots last week, and she weighed in at a not-so-whopping 13 lbs 6 oz. She's itty bitty! That's about the 5th percentile. She's dropped down to the 20th percentile in length (25 inches). The doc said she's probably just petite (hmmm...have you seen me or Phil?), but ran some blood test just to be sure nothing was amiss. Having shots is bad enough; having blood drawn from those tiny arms was the pits! After a couple of failed attempts at the pedi's office, we ended up having to go to Children's South and let the nurses there do it. They were great!

Edited to add: All tests came back normal! Praise the Lord!

We just started solids, and she loves them! So far she's had rice cereal, sweet potatoes, avocado, butternut squash, pears, apples, and bananas. She likes them all, but pears are definitely her favorite! Yum! I'm making her food and freezing portions in ice cube trays. So easy and cheap! Maybe these extra calories will help her pack on some pounds...or ounces!

Stephanie photographed Caroline at her home for her six month pics. They turned out fabulously! She even taught me some of her editing techniques in Photoshop. Thanks, Steph!















6 comments:

Shanan & Shannon said...

precious precious precious. Did the blood work show anything? So glad we got to snuggle her last week.

Shelley said...

So sweet! I can't wait to meet her!

Um, so I gave up making Addison's food b/c she is so picky!! She only eats fruit and oatmeal! NO VEGGIES, no fingerfood, no table food, no puffs... oh, and she likes Oreos!

Liz said...

Julie, these are great! We just scheduled a session for Ava on April 5. I'm sad that it's so late. she'll be 9 months. I'm going to play around and try to do some myself...although I'm definitely not a professional photographer.

The Ramblin Reagins said...

Hi Julie,
Caroline is precious! Glad to see you are all doing well. I couldn't find your email address so I'm hoping you will read this....I was wanting to get your Mom's contact information again for her to make me a 3rd easter basket to match the boys but PINK this time. My email is greagin@gmail.com Thanks so much! Greer Reagin

Naty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Naty said...

Hey guys so excited that you are all doing well. We are counting the days to go see you and my beautiful niece Caroline. She is huge and she keeps getting more beautiful by the day. How is the adoption coming? Sorry I haven't blogged in a while but b/w work and the family it has been crazy.

Sending lots of hugs and kisses,

Naty

PS: Julie,
Love the blog u need to teach me and give me tips, don't be a stranger and email me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...