background

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Spongebob and Spiderman



Spongebob.  {shudder}  The rude rectangle of yellow sponge.  I loathe him.  Though Caroline has never seen his show, she loves him.  In fact, she goes around saying, "Mommy, I LOVE Spongebob," fairly often. 

Caroline and Spongebob first met when he emerged from the bottom of a cereal box at Mimi's house.  At that time, she called him the Yellow Square.  Then, a well-meaning cousin put a name to the character.  She knows I don't like him.  I tell her he's rude.  I think it makes her like him more.  

Today, at the doctor's office, an entire bucket of stickers was placed in front of her.  She could have chosen Tinkerbell, Tiana, or a plethora of other typical little girl stickers.  She went for the pink starfish from Spongebob (I don't even know his name).  I have no idea how she knows him, but she said, "A Spongebob guy, Mommy!" And I felt judged by all the mommies when I let her display him proudly on her chest.  

Oh, well.  He goes well with her Spiderman umbrella.  At least she throws fairy wings and a crown in the mix, too.  What can I say?  She's well rounded.  

1 comment:

Erin said...

Patrick. The starfish is Patrick. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...