background

Friday, May 25, 2007

Chocolate Cake


So, I used my aforementioned new-to-me KitchenAid mixer today to make Philip a chocolate cake. He landed himself a new job as an Assistant Portfolio Manager at Protective Life Corporation, so I decided that he deserved a very chocolatey cake! I got the recipe from my favorite recipe site. It was an easy recipe, and the cake was very rich and oh-so-delicious!


Here's the recipe:

INGREDIENTS
1 (18.25 ounce) package dark chocolate cake mix
1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
3 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup coffee flavored liqueur
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 10 inch bundt pan.
In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, eggs, oil and coffee liqueur. Beat until ingredients are well blended. Fold in chocolate chips. Batter will be thick. Spoon into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, or until cake springs back when lightly tapped. Cool 10 minutes in pan, then turn out and cool completely on wire rack.

3 comments:

Julie Garrett said...

Yummy! I overheard Michael talking to Philip last night about a chocolate cake (while he was secretly coveting Philip’s chocolate cake). I wish that we were there to help you eat it!

We miss you!

The Bowers Family said...

Sounds good. we will have to try that one.

miss you all!

Anonymous said...

Well written article.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...