background

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Little Miss Bright Side



This was one of those things that I knew, but hadn't really taken notice of.  You know what I'm talking about?  One of those things where, when someone points it out to you, you say, "Ohhh, yeah.  I know exactly what you mean."  Well, it dawned on both Philip and me recently, and now it seems to stand out to us all of the time.

Caroline ALWAYS has to rephrase things in the positive.  Always.  Without exception.  If you make any comment with a negative phrase in it, you can bank on the fact that she will be coming back at you with something positive to say.  I'll give you some examples:

  • "I can't drink coffee.  I can watch grownups drink coffee, though."
  • "We can't play outside because it's raining.  When it's not raining, we can play outside."
  • "We can't get a toy today.  Maybe next time we can get a toy."
  • "We can't hit each other.  We can tickle each other, though."

In some ways, I think she's just trying to control the things that seem out of her control.  However, being an optimist myself, I like to think that this points to the fact that she is an optimist as well.  

My Little Miss Bright Side.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...