background

Friday, July 27, 2012

Summer 2012 Olympic Games!


I was never really into the Olympics. I rarely watched the competitions when I was growing up, and I certainly didn't get involved in the hooplah surrounding the competitors. Until Beijing 2008. On opening day, we became first-time parents.


I may have missed the celebrated opening ceremony that day (I was otherwise occupied), but I saw a LOT of the competitions in the weeks to come. The games were on through our entire stay in the hospital.
 
When we came home, the games kept me company. During all of those every-two-and-a-half-hours-around-the-clock feedings, I watched the competitions. I was so into it. In my sleep-deprived stupor, I thought that Michael Phelps was swimming in the middle of the night just for my entertainment.


After the games were over, I realized that there is usually very little on television at 1:00am. 

Tonight, we will be watching the opening ceremony with our soon-to-be 4 year old Caroline.  I probably won't be watching any competitions after 10:00pm.  But I will be thinking about that tiny little baby and the hours we spent bonding with the Olympics on in the background. 


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...