background

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Loving on Luisa

As I mentioned in this post, our agency has a ministry, Superkids, that sends therapists (physical, occupational, etc.) into orphanages around the world for varying lengths of time.  A very special person, Abby, made it to Cali, Colombia last Wednesday.  She will spending eight weeks working with the children at Chiquitines. 

She posted to her blog today, and she mentioned our sweet girl.  It makes my day week when I get updated news about her, as updates are so few and far between.
I should also mention that yesterday I got to meet a little girl who is being adopted by an American family in a few weeks. She is three years old and has cerebral palsy. I finished evaluating the babies on Friday afternoon and decided to find her so I could get to know her. She was in the open courtyard with other children her age dancing to music played by her teacher on the guitar. It may have been the most adorable thing I have ever seen! Imagine 15 brown-eyed three-year-olds dancing around with each other in the sunshine as they act out the words to a silly Spanish song. The smile on this little girl’s face as she crawled around playing the part of a lizard to the song’s lyrics like the rest of her peers made my heart melt. I can’t wait to work with her more!
We can't wait for her to join in our family jam sessions soon!  Caroline will be thrilled that Luisa will want to dance with her!

We are so grateful to Abby for taking two months out of her life to invest in our little girl and dozens of other precious children.  Hope to meet you soon in Cali, Abby!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...