background

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Day 16: Caroline Quotes

Today Magnolia drove us to a local mall, the Chipichape.  We ate at a McDonald's there.  (First food Luisa has not liked: McDonald's hamburger.  She did love the fries.)  Then we went in a few shops to browse.  It was a fairly uneventful day.

Which leads me to share some Caroline quotes:

Before we traveled:

Philip and I were continually asked, "Can we go get Luisa TODAY? Why not?"  We would tell her we were waiting on a piece of paper before we could travel.  This is not an acceptable answer to a three year old.  (Or to this 30 year old, for that matter.)

On Gotcha Day:

  • "We got Luisa today!  Yea!" (repeated over and over, even sung and danced to)
  • "We didn't have her.  We just got her today."
  • "She'll still be my sister when she's all growed up."
  • "She'll be with us FOREVER."
  • "She can be my sister even if we look different than each other."

A few days later:

{Obviously after she had spent some time considering her new life with a sibling}
  • "When we go to Target, we can get a two-kid buggy!"
  • (Said with a look of concern:) "There are only three Wonderpets, and we have four family now!"

And one of my favorites:

"She's smiling when I'm angry, and she CANNOT do that!"
I'm sure Luisa was thought, "But smiling's my favorite!" 
(She does have the ability to smile even when being reprimanded.  It is rather maddening.)

A Philip quote for good measure: 

{When we first arrived at the apartment}
"I strongly advise multiple flushes.  I don't know how to ask for a plunger in Spanish."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...